Saturday, October 30, 2010

A little Deviation... A week of Halloween - Day 5

It's a really little diamond, but it's still a diamond!
Yesss! It has glitter on it.

Today's post isn't about Halloween at all.  It's about some really big news for our household shared here to preserve for posterity. 

Friday, Rob and I finally made it official. We got engaged. I knew when I'd be getting the ring and I knew what it looked like since I helped pick it out. Before I came home, Rob showed it off to the girls who thought it was pretty great. This is the conversation that happened when I called on the way.

Riley, whispering:   I have to tell you a secret!!!
Me:   You do? What is it?
Riley:   Rob's going to proposeD
Me, pretending surprise:   What?! No way!
Riley, all giggly:   And he has a really special ring!
Me:   A ring?
Riley:   And it has a diamond in it!
Me:   A diamond? Really? (I'm not a very good actress, but hey, she's 7.)
Riley:   Well, it's a really little diamond, but it's still a diamond!
Chloe, in the background:   I want to talk!
Chloe:   Hey mommy.
Me:   Hey CoCo. Is it true? Did he get a ring?
Chloe:   Yesssss! And it has glitter on it.
Me:  OooOooo
Chloe:  Gotta go!  ::click:: 
  
It's a beautiful ring and in no way small.  We finally figured out that since none of use really wear much jewelry Riley thought all diamonds were the size of ice cubes, since that's how it always looks in cartoons and movies.  Her future fiance' may be in trouble!

Thank you to everyone for their congratulations and for sharing in our happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment