Friday, October 22, 2010

It's not the Years in the Life, It's the Life in your Years...

"I don't care if it takes a long time.  I just want to keep having birthdays."

Chloe stayed home from school sick with an asthma attack that had kept her up the whole night before.  She was mothering her favorite stuffed puppy, gently wrapping it in a soft blanket and talking to it softly.  I smiled at her and said "Chloe, you're going to be a really great mother someday.  But you have to wait at least 20 years."  She help up her hands and shook her head and said "I know.  But I don't care if it takes a long time.  I just want to keep having birthdays."

And thank you Abe Lincoln for the so true quote, "It's not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years."  I hope all our years are as full of life as childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment