Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Dreams May Come, and Then Some...

Chloe has a very active imagination.  In fact, until she was about 5, she had an entire imaginary family.  She had a green dad represented by MoJo JoJo, a Pink Mom (?), and a bunch of make-believe cousins named "Courtnik and Ortnik," etc.  

And because the girls sleep over at my mom's a lot because of my new job, I tell them to think hard and meet me in our dreams for a play date or a picnic in the park, which they really get a kick out of.

But Chloe tends to have nightmares.  A lot of them center around the two of us having a great family day out then suddenly I'm eaten by some sort of wild animal.  The other day, we were driving in the car and she said "Mom, guess what I dreamed last night..."

"We were having a picnic in the park and then a volcano erupted and a huge octopus came out and threw you in the ocean, where you were eaten by a big shark.  Then the shark spit you out on the land and a pit bull came and got you, Mom.  It had two heads!"  :Pause:  "I was so scared!" she said.


"Wow, Chloe," I said.  "I'm not quite sure I know what to think about that."


"Well I do," Riley chimed in.  "I think it means she needs therapy."

No comments:

Post a Comment