Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's been so long!

It's been awhile since I've had time to post, I do apologize to the handful of people who like to read this thing.  Between finishing up the last semester of nursing school (sweet!) and all the things going on with the kids, there's not been a lot of extra time.  And we've had snow!  I love snow days.  But now the costumes for the elementary Christmas play are still sitting here in my living room and the play was supposed to be tomorrow!  They'll pull it off, no doubt.

Our elementary school also does a "Christmas Store."  This is where the PTO sets up a store full of items the kids can buy for $1.50, and on the last day the kids who didn't get to shop have the opportunity to select items.  I spent my tour of duty at the wrapping table.   One little boy, a 3rd grader, brings this big box of things up to the table to be wrapped.  He very enthusiastically handed me each present telling me who the present was for so it could be labeled correctly.  Some of the gifts are items like "#1 Grandpa" tire gauges or "Worlds Greatest Mom" mugs.  He handed me a present and said "This is for my grandpa."  Then picks up a bright blue hat that reads "#1 Dad" and says "and this is for, well, that should be obvious."  Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment